77% of property managers and building owners report increased rental rates because of installing smart home device on property
Parks Associates today announced the topics and call for papers for its inaugural event, Smart Spaces: Apartments, Hospitality, and Community Living, being held in-person on April 17-18 at the Hilton Granite in Plano, Texas, and virtually July 20, October 5, and November 30. The firm’s latest research on tech innovations and deployment in the multifamily, MDU (multi-dwelling unit), and SMB (small-to-medium business) markets finds 77% of property managers and building owners who have installed smart home devices report the added tech led to increased rents in their properties.
The event features keynote speakers John Butrim, Vice President - Multifamily, HOA & Builder, ADT Multifamily, and Guillermo Rivas, Vice President of New Business Development, Cox. Early sponsors include Vantiva, Arize, CSA, Cox Communities, The Nice Group, Rapid Response Monitoring, Homebase, and Cooktop Safety.
“At Smart Spaces, we will welcome service providers, device vendors, and IoT companies to share the best strategies for adding smart home smart tech and meeting property manager and owner expectations for ROI,” said Mindi Sue Sternblitz-Rubenstein, Vice President, Marketing, Parks Associates. “We are excited for this new event focused on proptech and the multi-dwelling and hospitality environments.”
In addition to the in-person conference, Smart Spaces features three virtual sessions in 2023:
- July 20 – PropTech Market Evolution: Senior and Student Housing
- October 5 – Hospitality Market: Tech Driving New Value
- November 30 – Investment and Expansion in Smart Spaces
Parks Associates has opened the call for papers for all 2023 sessions, featuring the following session topics:
- Broadband Services and Role of Connectivity
- Building Owner and Property Manager Perspectives
- The Big Picture: What’s Driving Growth and How Fast Will it Happen
- Access and Control Systems: Beyond Security
- Energy Management and Indoor Air Quality: Healthy Environments
- Insurance and Building Tech
- Amenities: EV Charging and Parking Deliveries and Community Services
- The Integrator Opportunity: Bringing it all Together
- IoT in Hospitality: Safety and Health and Sustainability
- New Era of Senior Living: Tech-Enabled Properties
- Hospitality Market: Tech Driving New Value
- Use Cases Driving Demand: Safety and Health and Sustainability
- Platforms Enabling New Services
- Opportunities & Challenges with Growth in MDU Market
Parks Associates will feature its latest consumer and industry insights at Smart Spaces events throughout the year, featuring data from its ongoing quarterly surveys of 10,000 internet households.
About Smart Spaces
Smart Spaces, hosted by international research firm Parks Associates, brings together property owners, building managers, and technology leaders to discuss the innovations in the multi-dwelling and hospitality environments. Building on a high-performing broadband backbone, MDU property managers can leverage connected devices and smart platforms that integrate connected solutions to streamline property management tasks and lower operating costs, attract and retain residents, and increase rental revenues. The event features consumer research, informative session, and networking opportunities for building executives, service providers, and hardware, middleware, and software providers enabling the next generation of solutions for the consumer, MDU, and public spaces.
Throughout each Smart Spaces event, Parks Associates shares its research on bulk broadband, managed Wi-Fi, smart home, and IoT technologies, including access controls, energy management, and network support, setting the stage for conversations to understand the current and future opportunities in smart apartments and hospitality. www.smartspacesconference.com