26th annual CONNECTIONS™ addresses role of broadband providers, retailers, and other distribution channels for smart home and security solutions
Parks Associates announced new research today showing that smart home buyers report 36% of recent device purchases were through a retailer, either an online or brick-and-mortar company, while 11% of units purchased were through an internet service provider, 7% through a utility/electricity provider, and 6% through an insurance provider. The international research firm is hosting the 26th annual CONNECTIONS™ Conference this week, May 17-19 at the Omni Frisco Hotel in Texas, addressing the current and future growth of consumer technologies.
CONNECTIONS™ sessions on Thursday, May 19, follow the theme “Expanding and Scaling the Market” with sessions addressing the factors that will push it towards the mass market, including topics on smart apartments, home builders, channel strategies, and health and wellness solutions. Keynote speakers include David Puckett, VP, Connectivity & Home Products, Comcast, and Vera Gavrilovich, VP, Marketing, Sunnova.
“Smart home buyers have many options in the acquisition of devices,” said Elizabeth Parks, President and CMO, Parks Associates. “In the MDU space, more and more residents can select apartments that have smart home solutions preinstalled. The diversity of choice has given resilience to the smart home market, which continues to slowly move closer to mass-market adoption.”
May 19 features the following sessions:
- Eye on Growth: Channels and New Markets
- Channel Strategies for Smart Home: Where’s the Growth
- Smart Apartments: Broadband, Platforms, and Value
- Fireside Chat: Home Builders Adding Value through Tech
- Health and Wellness Solutions: Expanding the Market
- Funding the Smart Home: View from the Industry
- Brent Corn, VP, Sales and Alliances, IOTAS
- Patrick Dunn, Program Director, Center for Health Tech and Innovation, American Heart Association
- Amanda Forsyth, Director Product Management, Cognitive Systems
- Peter Giacalone, President, Giacalone Associates
- Nancy Green, SVP, Aveus
- Stacey Higginbotham, Founder/Editor, Stacey on IoT
- Jamie Hsu, Product Manager, RealPage
- Matt Johnson, CEO, EarlySense
- Dr. David Keeley, CTO, Electronic Caregiver – ECG
- Henry Kim, Director, ThinQ Platform, LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
- Aleem Lakhani, EVP, US Specialty Risk, AmTrust
- Blake Miller, Founder & CEO, Homebase.AI
- Nick Millette, Product Development Merchant, Smart Home and Home/Mobile Electronics, The Home Depot
- John Morin, Director, Connected Home Product Development, Assurant
- Lee Odess, GM, New Markets, Latch
- David Sym-Smith, Partner, Mobility Ventures
- Scott Tjaden, Product Development Manager for Smart Home, Constellation
CONNECTIONS™ is sponsored by Alarm.com, Calix, Cox Communities, F-Secure, Homebase, Plume, Airties, Bitdefender, Johnson Controls, Nice, Notion, Rapid Response Monitoring, Resideo, Schneider Electric, STRATIS®, AmTrust Specialty Risk, Gadgeon, Ivani, Midea, Cooktop Safety, Iris® Powered by Generali, and Assurant.
About Parks Associates
Parks Associates, a woman-founded and certified business, is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates provides business intelligence and research services through its proprietary methodologies developed over decades, including quarterly surveys of 10,000 internet households.
The company's expertise crosses many industries: home security and smart home, streaming video, broadband and pay-TV services, digital media and platforms, gaming, Wi-Fi and home networks, connected health, support, consumer electronics, home control systems, energy management, and tech solutions for the multi-dwelling (MDU), small-to-medium business (SMB), and commercial building markets.
Each year, Parks Associates brings thousands of leaders together for its webinars and annual events. The firm hosts the annual executive research and strategy conferences CONNECTIONS™, Connected Health Summit, Smart Energy Summit, Smart Spaces, and Future of Video. https://www.parksassociates.com