37% of US internet households now have a smart home device and an average of 16 connected devices
International research firm Parks Associates is hosting sessions on May 18 focused on “Building the Whole Connected Home,” the day’s theme for the 26th annual CONNECTIONS™ Conference, featuring executives from Alarm.com, Johnson Controls, Nice, Notion, and more. The full conference takes place on May 17-19 at the Omni Frisco Hotel in Texas, with sessions addressing the expanding role of the connected home in industries such as insurance, energy, and home security. The research firm’s data reports 37% of US internet households now have a smart home device and the average household has eight smart home devices and 16 connected devices overall.
The conference is sponsored by Alarm.com, Calix, Cox Communities, F-Secure, Homebase, Plume, Airties, Bitdefender, Johnson Controls, Nice, Notion, Rapid Response Monitoring, Resideo, Schneider Electric, STRATIS®, AmTrust Specialty Risk, Gadgeon, Ivani, Midea, Cooktop Safety, Iris® Powered by Generali, and Assurant.
“Integration will be key, and CONNECTIONS™ will examine the full range of industries at play in the connected home,” said Jennifer Kent, VP, Research, Parks Associates. “Our sessions on Wednesday, May 18, cover health, energy, security, and connected entertainment, always with an eye to the consumer and how technology impacts each life stage.”
May 18 sessions include the following:
- Life Stages and the Role of Technology
- Bringing New Value: Growing Role of Smart Home Platforms
- Paradigm Shift: Smart Home and the Future of Energy
- New Era of Home Security
- Insurance and Smart Products: Fire and Water Solutions
- Protecting Consumers at Home: Security and Privacy Matters
- Business Model Innovations in the Smart Home
- Special Session: Seniors, Caregivers, and Tech Services: A Growing Opportunity
- Connected Entertainment and Smart Home: Whole-Home Experiences
Anne Ferguson, VP, Marketing, Alarm.com, will deliver the day’s first keynote, and Paul Williams, Chief Product Officer, Nice North America, will wrap up the day discussing “The Future of the Smart Home.”
Session speakers include:
- Jeff Bales, Sr. Director Business Development & Sales, Notion, a Comcast Company
- Erik J. Bernal, CEO, Elite Water Systems
- Joel Berntsen, VP, Strategy and Partnerships, Vutility
- Kent Dickson, GM, IoT Platforms & Services, Yonomi/Allegion
- Jennifer Doctor, Senior Director, Product Management, Johnson Controls
- Molly Doyle, Chief Product Officer, Quil Health
- Jeff Elbaum, VP, Global Sales, Iris Powered by Generali
- Scott Ford, CEO, Pepper IoT
- Karen Gough, VP, Sales, Span.io
- Marty Hebert, Head of Security Sales & Strategy, RapidSOS
- David Jurgens, VP Strategic Alliances, SAM Seamless Network
- Mitch Klein, Executive Director, Z-Wave Alliance
- Michael Lee, CEO, Octopus Energy
- Jay Lent, Director, Business Development, North America, Tuya Smart
- Josh Lunsford, Executive Director of Strategy, Cox Communities
- Dave Mayne, Chief Revenue Officer, Alula
- Jeff Morrison, Senior Director, Multifamily Sales, Brivo
- Lainie Muller, Director, Health & Wellness, Strategic Sales, Alarm.com
- Bill Nicholson, Managing Director, Rutestock LLC
- Paul Palmer, VP Service Provider Business, F-Secure
- Wannie Park, CEO, Zen Ecosystems
- Sai Reddy, CEO, CamerEye
- Andreas Rudyk, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Smartfrog & Canary
- Akash Sah, Chief Procurement Officer, Brinks Home
- Kian Saneii, CEO, Independa
- Bob Scaglione, VP, Business Development, Support.com
- Bill Scheffler, VP, Business Development ULE, DSP Group/Synaptics
- Katherine Schieltz, Senior Manager, Innovation and Product Development, Constellation
- Heather Sellar, Director, Sales and Business Development, Essence
- Chad Shepler, COO, StoryBuilt
- Brett Sobol, Sr. Growth Initiatives Lead, Hippo
- Jen Theobald, Director, Strategic Partnerships, Rapid Response Monitoring
- Razvan Todor, Sr. Director Product Management, Bitdefender
- Brad Wills, Director: Strategic Customers & Programs, Schneider Electric
Parks Associates' 27th annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference features an in-person conference on May 23-25, 2023, and multiple virtual sessions hosted throughout 2023. The event focuses on the adoption of technology including smart home, security, connected health, energy, and home automation.
Bringing together more than 1,500 senior executives, CONNECTIONS™ provides networking opportunities combined with visionary keynotes and virtual sessions. The Parks Associates analyst team leads all conference sessions, which are focused on technology innovations, consumer adoption and trends, product and service forecasts, and the evaluation of new business strategies, partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added service design.
Throughout the event, sponsors offer demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services for the entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments.
CONNECTIONS™ 2023 features an in-person conference on May 23-25, 2023, with virtual sessions on March 2, July 20, and October 5. Dates and venue for 2024 will be annouced soon.
For more information, contact email@example.com, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.