19% of US internet households use a time-of-use (TOU) rate plan from their energy provider
Research firm Parks Associates will host the workshop “Residential Energy Management: Consumer Engagement Strategies” on Monday, February 28, at the Omni Frisco Hotel in Texas, the first day of the 13th annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer. The preshow workshop will feature presentations and analysis of the firm’s research, including key energy-focused findings from a 4Q 2021 survey of 10,000 US internet households, which finds 19% of US internet households now use a time-of-use (TOU) rate plan from their utility or energy provider.
Smart Energy Summit, sponsored by Schneider Electric, SmartThings, Rapid Response Monitoring, Zen Ecosystems, and Particle.io, features keynotes from AutoGrid, Constellation Energy, Emerson, Google, and TXU Energy.
“More consumers are seeing the benefits in smart technologies, including the cost and energy savings from smart energy solutions,” said Jennifer Kent, Vice President, Research, Parks Associates. “Among smart thermostat owners, nearly 50% report saving more money than expected from their device. At our workshop, we will dig deeper into our consumer research to explore successful strategies and new means to engage consumers in energy management, utility programs, and distributed energy resources, both in single-family homes and MDUs.”
- Consumer Adoption Trends
- Driving Awareness and Adoption of Energy Management
- The Modern Grid: New Approaches to Load Shaping
- Consumer Energy Services: Expanding Partnerships and Integrating Platforms
- Focusing on the Edge of the Smart Grid
- Consumers: Data, AI, and Personalization
- Bob Champagne, Vice President, Customer Experience Innovation, Smart Energy Water
- David Chang, Chief Digital Officer, EIQhome
- Robert F. Cruickshank, Chief Technology Officer, GRIDIoT® by RCA
- James Jackson, Director, Energy and Utility Partnerships, Emerson
- Jennifer Kent, Vice President of Research, Parks Associates
- Jeremy McLerran, Sr. Director Marketing, Security Products, Johnson Controls
- Elizabeth Parks, President and CMO, Parks Associates
- Josh Teekell, Founder & CEO, SmartAC.com, Inc.
- Kenneth Wacks, President, Home, Building, and Utility Systems
- Chris White, Senior Analyst, Parks Associates
Smart Energy Summit will also host virtual sessions throughout the year on April 7, June 30, August 4, and November 17. Sessions address the changing dynamics in the consumer energy markets and extend the learning and networking experiences throughout the learning.
About Smart Energy Summit
Parks Associates’ 15th annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer is co-located with DISTRIBUTECH 2024 on February 27-28 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Smart Energy Summit addresses energy and renewables technology trends in the residential and small-to-medium business markets.
Industry players join expert panels and networking sessions to address the expansion and monetization of energy management and other energy-focused offerings through consumer engagement, new business models, unique partnerships, and innovative technologies.
The conference also features 2024 virtual sessions January 23, July 23, and October 10. Follow the event on Twitter/X at @SmartEnergySmt and #SmartEnergy24. For information on speaking, sponsoring, or attending Smart Energy Summit, visit www.smartenergysmt.com.