14th annual Smart Energy Summit focused on role of utilities and smart home solutions in the future of energy management
Parks Associates’ latest research of 10,000 internet households shows 16% of US internet households have a smart thermostat. The firm will feature its latest energy management and consumer data during the research workshop “Growing Smart Energy Opportunity – Top Trends” on February 13, before the 14th annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, February 13-15 at the Omni Austin Downtown Hotel in Austin, TX.
The half-day pre-show workshop will highlight the consumer buyer journey for energy solutions, demand for energy and comfort control solutions in multifamily and SMB markets, and the best processes to educate consumers on the benefits of energy-efficient solutions and demand response programs.
Smart Energy Summit, sponsored by CSA - Connectivity Standards Alliance, Rapid Response Monitoring, Schneider Electric, Austin Energy, Resideo, Questline Digital, and Copper Labs, focuses on the impact of direct consumer participation in energy markets and strategies to increase consumer engagement in energy management solutions. Event keynote speakers:
- Martin DeBono, President, GAF Energy
- Erika Diamond, SVP, Head of Customer Solutions, EnergyHub
- DeAnna Hardwick, EVP, Customer Strategy, CPS Energy
- Karl Popham, Manager, Electric Vehicles & Emerging Technologies, Austin Energy
- Jigar Shah, Head of Energy Services, Electrify America
- Jonathan "J.T." Thompson, SVP, Sales, Generac Grid Services
“Adoption of smart thermostats has increased in the past year,” said Mindi Sue Sternblitz-Rubenstein, VP, Marketing, Parks Associates. “Our data shows that the households who do use a thermostat report higher savings that expected, with users reporting savings up to $45 per month from using this device in the home. Energy analytics and monitoring services will also become more important to the experience for consumers to understand energy consumption.”
Throughout Smart Energy Summit, Parks Associates will feature its latest consumer data and industry insights from its ongoing quarterly surveys of 10,000 internet households. Workshop speakers include Parks Associates’ analyst team and the following industry experts:
- Joel Berntsen, VP, Strategy and Partnerships, Vutility
- Bruce Brazis, Account Executive, Customer to Grid Solutions, APS - Arizona Public Service
- Dr. Robert F Cruickshank III, Managing Member, GRIDIoT Power Networks
- Jennifer Doctor, Senior Director, Product Management, Johnson Controls
- Daniel Elizalde, Product Executive & Advisor to Climate Tech, Daniel Elizalde LLC
- Nadav Liebermann, VP, Innovation and Data, SAM Seamless Network
- Chloe Mayhew, Program Manager, Residential, Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- Wayne Morrison, Principal, Smart Energy, Reliant Energy
- James Rosenberg II, Director Of Business Development Asia Pacific, Blink Charging
- Courtney Thier, Director, Enterprise Solutions, Elevation
- Kenneth Wacks, President, Home, Building, and Utility Systems
- Gerald Zingraf, Director, Solution Engineering and Sales Enablement, GridPoint
About Smart Energy Summit
Parks Associates’ 15th annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer is co-located with DISTRIBUTECH 2024 on February 27-28 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Smart Energy Summit addresses energy and renewables technology trends in the residential and small-to-medium business markets.
Industry players join expert panels and networking sessions to address the expansion and monetization of energy management and other energy-focused offerings through consumer engagement, new business models, unique partnerships, and innovative technologies.
The conference also features 2024 virtual sessions January 23, July 23, and October 10. Follow the event on Twitter/X at @SmartEnergySmt and #SmartEnergy24. For information on speaking, sponsoring, or attending Smart Energy Summit, visit www.smartenergysmt.com.