Sunday, November 11, 2012

Surprise: iPhone 4S users do not use Siri much

But a new study by consulting firm Parks Associates recently surveyed 482 iPhone 4S owners. More than 50 percent of iPhone 4S users in the U.S. are “very satisfied” with Siri and an additional of 21 percent are “satisfied,” for a total of 71 percent leaving only negligible users unsatisfied.

“Siri is clearly a hit among the initial iPhone user base,” said John Barrett, Director, Consumer Analytics, Parks Associates. “Consumers like Siri because it’s convenient, easy to use, and helpful for remembering important information (e.g., birthdays) and its hands-free capability makes it easy to send texts, emails, and phone calls. However, I would have expected more owners to want Siri for their TV set. These are the folks that rushed out to get the new iPhone 4S.”

“People are expressing some reservations about Siri that could impact its popularity on other platforms. Some said Siri didn’t work well against background noise. Others said it had trouble understanding commands. These problems could be amplified in a noisy living room, where the main TV would be located.”

However, according to WSJ, people are still not making full use of Siri. Most of Siri’s energy goes into setting alarm or reminding her master to call someone at a particular time.

From the article, "Surprise: iPhone 4S users do not use Siri much."

Comments

    Be the first to leave a comment.

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Login or create an account to start a discussion.

© 1998-2020 Parks Associates. All Rights Reserved.