CE Pro

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

How EVs Will Forever Change the Smart Home

According to Parks Associates, EV owners are twice as likely to also own smart home equipment, meaning playing into EVs in the home could potentially help integrators garner higher sales. 

If you think that you are seeing more Teslas, Chevy Bolts and other EV vehicles on the road, you are not wrong. A story published by Car and Driver in August 2022 cites data from Automotive News states that over the first three months of 2022 EV sales increased by 60%. So, how is the shift ...read more

Thursday, December 08, 2022

Energy Management at ‘Big Boom Window’ for Integrators

Forty-four percent. That’s how many Americans, according to Chris White, an analyst at Parks Associates, monitor their energy—manually or otherwise. That’s 44% of homeowners who are already engaging in some form of energy management with the remaining 56% either unaware of those solutions or simply unwilling to engage in monitoring themselves.
It may be easy to write off recent interest in energy management as a craze spurred by the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). With ...read more

Monday, November 28, 2022

Interest in Smart Energy Solutions Growing Among Consumers

It turns out that interest isn’t just related to professionals and government officials. Consumers too, perhaps spurred by discussions around the topic, are becoming more invested in smart energy devices. Once a focus of comfort, such as with smart thermostats, consumers are now gravitating towards these products for their energy savings as well, according to a new Parks Associates whitepaper.

Parks Associates research shows 45% of broadband households made energy-saving re ...read more

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

How Do Consumers Research Smart Home Gear?

Parks Associates research reveals manufacturer websites are No. 1 source for researching smart home equipment. Integrator websites are No. 2.

Those are the results from new smart home research by Parks Associates‘ new consumer research Smart Home Products: Mapping the Buyer Journey.

Parks adds that increased home energy usage, leading to “bill shock,” during the pandemic has become a motivating factor among 20% of surveyed homeowners’ interested in energy management. T ...read more

Friday, February 04, 2022

Top 5 Tech Trends for 2022: Energy Management Potential Comes into Focus

Smart home industry research firm Parks Associates recently outlined the increasing consumer interest in energy in its “Home Energy Management: Driving Consumer Engagement and New Revenue” whitepaper. Parks Associates surveyed consumers about their energy management behaviors and in the past three years there has been a 10% increase in interest related to saving energy, particularly in the category of “extreme measures,” which includes home improvements like installing rooftop s ...read more

Thursday, February 03, 2022

Research Finds Home Security Customers Value Choice, Prefer Standalone Products

The uncertainty caused by COVID-19 has heightened consumer anxiety about the safety and security of their families and homes. These circumstances have expanded the volume and type of consumers searching for safety-related home solutions.

At the end of 2020, Parks Associates’ research found that 27% of broadband households strongly agreed with the statement, “I am far more concerned about the physical security of my home than I was five years ago” — and that number rises to 4 ...read more

Friday, January 21, 2022

Top 5 Tech Trends for 2022: Using Cybersecurity as a Differentiator

But despite this lackluster enthusiasm for the category, the problem is not going to wane. According to Parks Associates, 79% of broadband households in the U.S. are concerned about their data security and privacy. The average number of IoT devices per home is now 37 and there are expected to be 50 billion IoT devices by 2030, according to data cited recently by the British government, which recently announced a bill that would outlaw the use of basic passwords and heavily fine ...read more

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

27% of U.S. Broadband Households More Concerned About Security Than 5 Years Ago

A new whitepaper from Parks Associates, produced in partnership with Xfinity Home, reveals 27% of U.S. broadband households report far more concern now about the physical security of home than five years ago.

“The uncertainty caused by the pandemic has heightened consumer anxiety about the safety and security of their families and homes and expanded the volume and type of consumers searching for safety-related home solutions,” says Elizabeth Parks, president, Parks Associate ...read more

Page(s):   of   9 Next
© 1998-2023 Parks Associates. All Rights Reserved.