EE Times

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wireless carriers look to cash in on digital photo frames

Vodafone in Germany and Orange in France are also looking into connecting cellular cards into digital photo frames, according to Harry Wang, senior analyst at Parks Associates. Verizon and AT&T are interested in an electronic device called a "home center" which can display digital photos, while connected to a fixed-line phone, he added.

From the article, "Wireless carriers look to cash in on digital photo frames" by Junko Yoshida

Monday, December 22, 2008

Powerline group breaks two-year deadlock: IEEE P1901 embraces ITU's G.hn as one part of spec

Thanks to growing momentum behind a standard covering all wired home networks, an IEEE group has taken a significant step toward defining a standard for competing powerline technologies. The IEEE's P1901 working group approved last week (Dec. 19) at a meeting in Kyoto a set of baseline technologies powerline nets, breaking a two-year deadlock.

Wi-Fi dominates today used in an estimated 53 percent of networked homes in the U.S. according to Parks Associates (Dallas). By contr ...read more

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Standard to unify powerline shot down in Madrid

Wi-Fi dominates today used in an estimated 53 percent of networked homes in the U.S. according to Parks Associates (Dallas). By contrast, only about 19 percent use some form of wired networking other Category 5 Ethernet cable. Powerline represents a little less than half

From the article, "Standard to unify powerline shot down in Madrid " by Rick Merritt

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The top ten hang-ups in home networking

A few data points provide a snapshot of the opportunities. Market watcher iSuppli Corp. (El Segundo, Calif.) predicts shipments of products with integrated wired home networking will rise by more than a factor of 10 in the next four years, to hit 223.8 million units in 2010. Parks Associates estimates the number of North American homes with networked digital-video recorders more than tripled from 400,000 in 2005 to 1.7 million by the end of 2006.

From the article "The top te ...read more

Monday, December 11, 2006

Korea expects 21 million mobile TV users by 2012

TU charges a one-time $20 set up fee, and then $12 a month for access to 15 video and 19 audio channels. After one year, monthly fees are reduced to $10. Video on demand access is available for about $2 per session. Suh said 65 percent of usage is for TV, while the other 35 percent is audio. TU will start a data service at the end of the year.

Research firm Parks Associates recently estimated the United States would have more than 15 million users of mobile TV by 2010, gener ...read more

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A special article from EE Times Asia

Two recent studies, by Parks Associates and Pyramid Research, both cited the wild-card status of China as a feasible market for IPTV because of overhanging issues like quality access networks, regulatory hurdles, content restrictions and the government's apparent focus on implementing digital cable services. Parks also cited a lower willingness among consumers across Asia to pay for some of the premium and related services that IPTV can enable, such as video-on-demand, interacti ...read more

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Intel: Viiv will coexist with STBs

In a report on media servers that was released this month, Parks Associates provided a reality check for PC industry players who believe the computer will figure importantly in living room entertainment centers. Though slim form factors have been around since 2003, Parks estimates that only 620,000 homes have living room-based PCs, with the total projected to increase to 5.1 million in 2010. Multimedia PCs with TV tuners total about 676,000, increasing to 5.8 million in 2010.

...read more

Friday, August 26, 2005

HomePlug alliance vies with IEEE over powerline spec

Kurt Scherf, vice president of research at Dallas-based Parks Associates, said the HomePlug reorganization was undertaken with the IEEE specifically in mind "since everyone at the alliance I've talked to privately feels they want to be in the lead. They really want to be able to take control of the standards process, and having an 800-pound gorilla like Intel on board really helps."

Scherf said many alliance members are also IEEE members, and are willing to participate with ...read more

Prev Page(s):   of   4 Next
© 1998-2019 Parks Associates. All Rights Reserved.